Systems Engineer (Linux SME)
- Progressive National Market Leader
- Exciting and Varied Project Work
- RedHat certification
Our client is seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join their highly capable IT operations team. This position will see you to be responsible for both BAU and project-based activities (from day-to-day support to configuration/upgrades/new system integration) across a variety of different platforms. Key focus of the role will see you ensuring maximum uptime of key business systems, network infrastructure and applications.
To be successful in this role you will need to enjoy working as an Engineer supporting a variety of different systems, and have strong technical skills across the following:
- Commercial Linux experience (RedHat preferred)
- Hands on experience in designing, implementing and supporting RHEL in an enterprise environment, servicing 1000+ users
- Must hold RHEL certifications.
- Puppet configuration management experience preferred. Needs to be able design and create Puppet recipes.
- Good skills in scripting – Perl/Python/PHP/Ruby
- End to end 3rd level support
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, VMWare and Citrix an advantage
- Experience in the development and implementation of complex IT service delivery processes
To be considered for this role as Linux Systems Engineer, you will need to have strong and current experience with Linux RedHat. You’ll bring your strong technical hands-on experience along with RedHat Certifications. Our client is keen to see your strong 365 and Exchange skills as well.
Your problem solving and troubleshooting experience will be strong and you will be able to work independently, although you will have a strong supportive team around you.
Great opportunity to join this thriving and growing organisation who are embarking on an exciting stage of transformation.
To express an interest, please apply today, note only candidates who hold Australian Permanent Residency and Citizenship will be considered for the role.